Craving a Meat-free Monday? Mushrooms have to be my favourite meat alternative. And when it's cooked right, you'll pretty much forget you even needed chicken or beef. This simple recipe of mushroom and spinach pasta is so easy to make yet hearty as any meat-based pasta dish. What's better, you can make a whole batch, break it up in to individual portions and add some more veggies to enjoy again later in the week!
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
1 tablespoon canola oil
5 oz spinach (140 g)
2 cups mushroom, sliced (150 g)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup pesto (225 g)
½ cup parmesan cheese (110 g)
½ lb spaghetti, cooked (225 g)
- Heat pot over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to the pot.
- Cook the spinach until wilted.
- Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper cooking until most of the water is gone.
- Add the pesto and parmesan.
- Add the spaghetti, and toss until evenly coated, with the sauce sticking to the noodles.