Remember how you promised yourself one week a month where you'd actually eat healthy, but then you were craving that cheesy lasagna or butter chicken curry and that healthy goal disappeared? Well this should get you back on track without sacrificing taste! Check out our latest meal inspo of tasty roast veggies and juicy chicken!
for 4 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
1 ¼ lb chicken breast tender (565 g)
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
⅓ cup balsamic vinegar (80 mL)
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Cut sweet potatoes into medium julienne.
- Spread sweet potatoes evenly onto parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Season with olive oil, pepper, and salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Trim asparagus and cut into pieces diagonally.
- Spread evenly on the baking tray next to the sweet potatoes. Season with olive oil, pepper, and salt.
- Season chicken with pepper and salt. Place on top of the veggies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165˚F (75˚C).
- While chicken is baking, reduce balsamic vinegar, white wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and salt in a small saucepan for 5-7 minutes until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Distribute veggies and chicken into four containers.
- Pour the sauce reduction onto the chicken.
- Can be refrigerated up to 4 days.