There's nothing better than a hearty bowl of Pad Thai. Well, maybe having it a day or two after making it! This famous Thai dish is an easy addition to any weekly meal pack. Pro tip: Make one big batch, then cook up several different proteins so you've got a different Pad Thai to enjoy each day!
for 4 serving
8 oz pad thai noodle, or noodles of your choice (250 g)
2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 chicken breast, diced
¼ cup shallot (25 g)
¾ cup pad thai sauce, we used 2 tablespoons each of fish sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and sriracha (175 mL)
1 cup bean sprout (100 g)
½ cup peanuts, crushed, plus more for garnish (65 g)
¼ cup green onion, plus more for garnish (25 g)
¼ cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish (10 g)
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and set aside.
- Add ½ teaspoon of sesame oil to a pot with the lightly beaten eggs. When the eggs are finished cooking, set aside.
- Pour the remaining ½ tablespoon of sesame oil into the pot and add the diced chicken breast. Cook until no longer pink in the middle, then set aside.
- Add the shallots to the pot and cook until lightly browned and fragrant. Then, add the noodles, eggs, and chicken back into the pot.
- Pour in the pad Thai sauce and toss to coat.
- Top with the bean sprouts, crushed peanuts, green onions, and cilantro, and stir until well blended.
- Dish up and garnish with extra peanuts, green onions, and cilantro.